Thursday, April 26, 2012

breakfast and lunch

     Even though I did break down and buy a box of Peanut Butter Cheerios, I have been trying to be good and not eat them for breakfast every day.  It's just nice to have something quick during the week, especially since I've not slept well the past few nights (I guess when Jon is traveling I am sleeping with one ear open, and I hear every little sound...it worked out good the other night, however, when Nathan's sleep talking woke me and I decided to check Zach's blood sugar...he was 54).  This morning I made myself a cheese omelet with 2 eggs, about 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar, and then topped it with that yummy chipotle Tabasco sauce.  Since I had a tomato I had a slice with some salt and pepper, plus a half of a navel orange (BJ's, they're good!).  Very satisfying, and I felt like my body was really happy with me!



Lunch yesterday was coconut curry chicken nuggets, sweet potato spears (dipped in melted coconut oil and baked on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil for about 30 minutes at 450 degrees, turned halfway during cooking), and the Brussels sprouts I blogged about last time.  The kids dipped the spears and nuggets in some ketchup, but I think some sort of yogurt dipping sauce would be good with the chicken.


Sometimes, I just feel inspired...

No comments:

Post a Comment