Monday, March 26, 2012

we're back!

OK, time to get back on track with our paleo shmaleo diet!  I've not stepped on the scale since we've been back, but I feel as if I've probably put on a few during our stay in Florida.  My mom makes it her mission to fatten me up while we're down there, thanks, Mom!  Dessert every day?  You bet!  I did run a few times, once almost 3 miles, which is the most I've done in a long time, but my knees sure complained about it.  Zach ran high after a Chick-fil-A trip on the road on the car ride back, so he and I did the treadmill at the hotel, which brought his BG down beautifully.  For breakfast yesterday morning they had made to order omelets that were delicious, so that helped keep blood sugars in a normal range.  I can tell my kids aren't accustomed to eating the way they did while we were in Florida, Mychael (my oldest, age 14) said he felt kind of yucky, and Jordan had diarrhea the last couple of days (may have been the water, too).  She had a sharting problem the last day and a half, then on the ride home she said, "Mommy, I have good news!  I can fart again!" You really wanted to know that...

When I have a minute to put thought into an informative post, I will do so.  For now, I need to finish up a little homeschool, run a bunch of errands, and get the big boys at school.  Tonight will be my easy go-to weekday meal of stir fried cabbage with sausage (you'll find the recipe in my first entry, I do believe), and fried apples.  Gonna be eating some extra mandarin oranges this week to fend off this cold that followed me home...

No comments:

Post a Comment