Friday, August 17, 2012

a family affair


     Taking care of my family includes encouraging them to have exercise be an integral part of their lives.  We've acquired over the past few months some exercise equipment, the most recent being the tall thing in the picture (for doing pull-ups, dips, and push-ups), so I bought a rug to put it all on and give it a more organized feel.  Also, I started a logbook for everyone to record their progress in doing sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, and dips, and I love how a little friendly competition can be a motivator.  Jordan did 30 sit-ups, so when I was approaching 30 when I was doing them she began to critique me, saying certain sit-ups should have been disqualified, or pointing out that I had paused and she never paused.  So funny!  Amazingly, I could not do more than 29 sit-ups, so she was feeling rather victorious.  ;)

     Mychael is quite the strong little man, he did 10 chin-ups and dips like nobody's business, then did 20 pushups.  I thought I had some arm strength, but do you know how many dips I can do?  One.  Apparently, I lack triceps.  I can, however, do 7 pull-ups, and I have managed to do 20 (guy) pushups.

     Since it may be awhile until my next post, knowing me, I want to share a paleo blog link which I stumbled upon while on chowstalker.com, Stir It UP.  You will be amazed, it is a gold mine.  I think I like her chocolate chip cookie recipe better than the other one I posted about, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment